Monday, July 14, 2014

Things That Will Make You Money (Big Time) - Number 10: Respond to Messages Quickly

Respond to Messages Quickly



Really successful people do things that other people will not do. Really successful people provide great customer service and this includes getting back to people quickly.

People are always complaining about bad service and it drives people crazy when they send someone an important business related message and they don't hear back from that person. Providing high level service includes returning calls or emails quickly. My standard operating procedure is to return messages within one business day. I do this even if it is just to tell them I got their message and I will get back to them either soon or my plan is to get back to them by a certain time (The later option is more valuable than the first).

Why will responding to messages quickly make money for you? It tells people you value them and they in turn will value you and refer you to others. I can not tell how many new clients told me their prior CPA did not return their calls or emails. Sometimes they waited for weeks. So stand above the competition by returning messages quickly.

You will also benefit from returning messages quickly in terms of efficiency. You may reason that you are too busy to return a message at the time you see it. However, in reality we are always busy and it will actually save you time and frustration by returning messages quickly. You see, if you don't return a message quickly you are going to get another message and then another. You will save yourself time by responding to messages when you see them in addition to letting the person know they are of value to you. Then they will let you know that they want to do business with you.


Do the things that most other people won't do to be successful. Believe me, you will thank me later for this tip.

The CPA Superhero wants to help you to succeed in business, life, and in retirement.  While my main business is preparing tax returns, I also work with clients to setup accounting systems to start, manage and develop their business(es) and develop and implement a financial plan. Contact me using my information below to schedule a free introductory consultation up to a half hour. 


Jeff Haywood, CPA
The CPA Superhero
972-439-1955
jeff.jhtaxes@gmail.com

Follow the CPA Superhero on Twitter too at:


My posts contain general information that does not fit every situation, they are not all inclusive, and as always for your tax situation everything "depends on facts and circumstances."  In addition, the information/IRS requirements are always subject to change.  So call me to talk about your specific facts and circumstances and what you want to accomplish.