What Should I do if "I owe back taxes"?

"I owe back taxes"

This is the common phrased used by people who need IRS representation, help dealing with the IRS about tax issues. Resolving tax issues with the IRS is something I do. And tax issues, you owe back taxes and/or you also need to file back tax returns, are growing issues as the IRS focuses on collections and enforcement

This is a rare field, as very few tax preparers, whether they are CPA's or EA's, do this and even fewer really know how to help you. It is a specialty that requires four things:
  1. Actually having a conversation with you about your situation 
  2. Knowledge of the IRS "Collection Process"
  3. How IRS financial guidelines affect the decision of what approach to use with the IRS (strategy)
  4. The IRS collection alternatives
So, you have either received a notice from the IRS and or you have back tax returns that you need to file. The solutions for you begin with the conversation about your situation and then getting into compliance with regard to filing your tax returns.  Then we can take a look at your situation with the IRS and what you owe and develop a plan to resolve the issues with the IRS.  We can look at resolutions like an offer in compromise, an installment agreement, or other options.

There is a lot anxiety associated with your situation, so let's get going. Contact me today using my contact information below to arrange an appoint for a phone call to discuss your situation.

I have clients around the world. If you happen to be outside the country we can arrange to do a call via Skype or Whatsapp. So contact me today and let's get going to find a resolution for your situation. (By the way if you live outside the U.S. or like to travel your passport may be in jeopardy if you don't resolve your IRS issues.)

The CPA Superhero


Be careful when reading about tax law and its application, including my articles, because the wording and definitions are such a challenge and are influenced by writers perspective, specifically his own clients situations that he is mindful of and other situations the writer is not thinking of. The point is talk to your CPA about your situation and circumstances and don't rely on or make conclusions based on articles you read, including articles form irs.gov, because concepts and definitions are not very clear, and of course, they are subject to change. Now is the time to be having discussions about your situation and developing strategies for you and your business. Again, contact me using my information above to discuss your situation. I help business owners all over the U.S. and in foreign countries with their tax returns.

bAD DEBT Expense

Hear me out please. I am going to address bad debt expense to clear up a common misconception and hopefully I can write this an understandab...